Ski Colorado /School Kids / Epic Pass / Ikon Pass
As some are preparing for summer I’m already thinking about next ski season and hoping for a few more turns this year. I get a lot of questions on tickets and passes but generally the earliet the purchase the better the deal. Here is some info hopefully early enough to be useful! The best deals are spring and before Halloween. I am not including independent ski areas (Monarch, Silverton, Etc.) Many passes allow for spring skiing this year if you buy next year’s pass and Winter Park had 6″ last night soooo…
The basic take-a-ways
- if you primarily ski Winter Park, Copper, Steamboat or Eldora look at one of the Ikon Passes and
- if you primarily want to go to Keystone, Breckenridge, or Vail look at the Epic Pass.
Here is the lay of the land before you dig in and do your own research.
- Epic Pass includes Vail Resorts which near Denver is Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone
- Ikon Pass includes Winter Park, Steamboat, Copper, and Eldora (can have options at A-Basin, Aspen, Jackson Hole Etc.)
- SkiColorado includes most Colorado ski areas that aren’t Epic (Vail)
Epic has an amazing deal for active duty military, kids younger than 5th grade (although I can’t find all the info. on the kids pass yet) AND Epic School Kids Colorado Pack has a good deal for K -5th
Ski Colorado has a program for 5th and 6th Grade (includes Winter Park, Eldora, Steamboat and many many more) AND SkiColorado has a great pass for $40 for 5th grade if you can ski any weekdays (and 6th grade but more expensive) which is most non Epic Ski Areas in Colorado.
Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon 4 Packs, Ikon Local Passes etc. – (have young adult price and kids price plus Child pass $100 off with purchase of adult pass)
(I usually get Base Pass which is enough for me unless you need more than 5 days at Steamboat or ski Aspen area then need full Ikon Pass)
Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass, Epic Military/Veteran etc. etc.
(When I used to get this pass I got the Epic Local rather than full epic but check which resorts you need and when as local excludes holidays at some)
Snowy Range Ski Area (Southern Wyoming) – has 12 day pass you can use over 2 seasons for $427
Copper Mountain Offering Free Kids Pass with Adult Purchase
Hope you can get as many turns as your legs can handle.